昨日から明日までの三日間、僕もやっと ”小型連休” を頂戴することに。
40 years Breda Jazz Festival
The beautiful city of Breda will be 13 to May 16, 2010 for the 40th time the scene of the Breda Jazz Festival.
Some facts and figures about the Breda Jazz Festival:
• The Breda Jazz Festival was founded in 1971 and is one of its kind the oldest and largest jazz festival in the Netherlands and Europe. Every year approximately 250,000 visitors to the festival off.
• According to a 2009 survey by the National College of Tourism and Transport in Breda visitors appreciate the Breda Jazz Festival with a 8.0 average. They give a total of over 13 million euros to food, drinks, accommodation and jazz-related articles.
• According to research firm ReSpons Events Monitor is the Breda Jazz Festival, the largest jazz festival in the Netherlands. The event is on the 20th place of the Dutch events (as measured by media attention and visitors).
• The Breda Jazz festival lasts four days and always starts on Ascension Day. The opening will take place at 13.00 hours at the Holland Casino Podium Grand Central.
•There are approximately 180 performances take place at approximately 18 venues throughout the historic downtown Breda. All outdoor concerts are free, the price of admission for special concerts in ranges from 12.50 to 20.00 euros.
• For businesses, the possibility exists for relationships and / or staff a very afternoon or evening to take place. The agreed price is all-inclusive: accommodation, pay for musicians acting, lighting, sound, catering, service, training managers, etc.
• Many of the performing musicians are from abroad (America, Japan, Canada, Australia, England France etc). But local and regional bands every year give acte de presence.
• In preparation and during the jazz festival, approximately 125 volunteers and operates behind the scenes. They provide guidance and transportation of musicians, they give information to visitors, providing ticket sales and contribute professionally to ensure the smooth running of the jazz festival. （写真・文はいずれも公式HPより・以下同様）
Masato Kobayashi (JP) (b)
Now a famous Japanese for the Breda Jazz lovers! Masato is an amiable man who time and again almost lovingly plays his bass. A great admirer of Milt Hinton and it shows too. Masato is not a commercial success, but always knows the right bass lines a very melodic basis for the other band members. Meanwhile, he also played every musician with whom he has admired for his character and his acoustic, full bass. A large, but very modest musician we sincerely happy to welcome him back as a member of the Japanese delegation from Kobe. Also in Japan are playing by all the top-rated musicians. Masato for yourself is always an honor to be playing at Breda Jazz Festival. He will, as usual, with utter collapse in the four-day jazz, great music with result!
Jason Marsalis (U.S.) (dr)
For the first time in Breda: Jason Marsalis, the youngest scion of perhaps the most famous family from New Orleans. Brothers Wynton (tp) and Branford (saxophone) are true icons of jazz has become. Jason has the music in its fibers inherited from father (and pianist) Ellis. Very early on, his talent on drums discovered and cultivated. Like many musicians from New Orleans Jason forgets his roots, not by playing the New Orleans scene, but he is also looking for new musical ways to express his talent from them. This has led to performances with Joe Henderson and Lionel Hampton, but also projects with Brazilian music and jazz fusion. And still, he says himself, he is growing as a musician and composer. With such a passion for music and want to rock like never before also Jason become a great jazz musician of world stature. Certainly the musicians who have been allowed to play with him are convinced.